City of Canandaigua Residents
Town of Canandaigua Transfer Station Information
Use of the Town of Canandaigua Transfer Facility for City Residents
The Town of Canandaigua Transfer Station is open to City of Canandaigua residents and property owners on the 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Residents and property owners will be able to utilize the Transfer Station to dispose of bulk refuse (personal household waste) ONLY. Proof of residency or property ownership is required (no contractors).
Transfer Facility Payment Cards will also be required and can be purchased at City Hall from the City Clerk's Office for $10.00 each, or at the Hurley Building (DPW), 205 Saltonstall Street. Cash or check only. Prices are subject to change. Payment is not accepted at the Transfer Facility. The Transfer Facility reserves the right to reject any material deemed to be unacceptable.
No commercial waste in any form will be accepted.
Acceptable Items (Items not listed will be priced upon arrival):
- Construction and Demolition Debris - personal household waste only!
- Wood, Drywall, Vinyl siding: (1/2 pick-up load) - $20.00; (full pick-up load) - $40.00
- Roof shingles or tile: (1/2 pick-up load) -$24.00; (full pick-up load) - $48.00*
- Carpeting (9'x12') - $6.00 each
- Padding (9'x12') - $4.00 each
- Bath tub, Toilet, Vanity, Sink - $4.00 each
- 30 Gallon bag/garbage can - $2.00 each
- 55 Gallon barrel - $4.00 each
* Additional fees will apply for trailer or oversized truck loads
Household items (with prices per item):
- Stuffed Chair - $4.00 each
- Couch, Love Seat, Sectional each section - $8.00 each
- Kitchen chair, Stool, Office/Patio chair, Small table/Shelf - $2.00 each
- Kitchen table, Small dresser, or Book case - $4.00 each
- Large dining table (with leaves), Desk, Large dresser - $8.00 each
- Mattress or Box Spring: (Twin) - $4.00 each; (Full) - $6.00 each
Other Items (free):
- Aluminum Windows (glass must be removed)
- Push Mowers
- Clean Used Oil (mall quantities only)
- TV's & Monitors/Electronics
- Appliances, Grills, other scrap metal items
- Printers, Stereo/Radio, Microwaves, etc.
Food Waste Collection (Food/organics recycling items):
- Home paper goods
- Shredded paper
- Anything labeled ASTM D6400
- Bread/Baked goods
- Coffee Grounds/Filters
- Tea bags
- Used Oils (small quantities)
- Garbage or Household Waste
- Recyclable Materials (ie; Cardboard, Glass, Plastic)
- Asbestos Containing Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Closed Containers
- Liquid Waste
For more information, visit the City of Canandaigua website: https://www.canandaiguanewyork.gov/270/Transfer-Station
Ontario County also offers Special Collection Events for Ontario County residents. Please note that registration for an event may be required. For more information, visit https://ontariocountyrecycles.org/150/Events.
TRANSFER FACILITY HOURS FOR CITY RESIDENTS
5440 Route 5 & 20 West
Canandaigua, NY 14424