Welcome to the Water Department
The Town of Canandaigua Water Department oversees the use and maintenance of water service for residents in the Town of Canandaigua and Town of Bristol. To see which water district you are located in, click here.
Superintendent Jim Fletcher oversees the Town’s compliance with state regulations for drinking water and issues an annual report describing the quality of our drinking water each May.
Additional responsibilities of the Water Department include:
- Quarterly water meter reading and billing
- Maintenance of pump stations and water tanks
- Installation and maintenance of fire hydrants, water mains and valves
- Installation of new water meters, replacement of old or broken meters
- Marking water lines for Dig Safe NY requests
The Water Department works with all departments to protect our most important resource – Canandaigua Lake. For more information see the Storm Water Management Program overseen by the Development Office.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions, see the FAQs link above. If our site does not answer all of the questions you may have, or if you have comments or suggestions, call or email us directly at the contacts listed.
View the Andrews Road and Canandaigua Farmington Water District Joint Consolidation agreement HERE.