The Town of Canandaigua at the Ontario County Fair on Thursday, July 28, 2016
The Town of Canandaigua is celebrating an exciting, event-filled year throughout 2016 in recognition of the town’s 225th Anniversary.
To capitalize on the magnitude of this occasion, the Town Board established a "Special Events Committee" to plan and oversee a number of exciting celebratory events throughout the year for the community to participate in.
At the Ontario County Fair on Thursday, July 28, from 11 am to 7 pm in the Mercantile Building, the Town of Canandaigua 225th Anniversary Agricultural Displays will include the following:
- Waterloo Boy Tractor
- 1949 Farmall Tractor
- Steamboat Float from 4th of July parade and exhibit of photos of historic steamboats
- County Historian, Preston Pierce’s presentation – “Ontario: Mother of Counties – Cradle of Agriculture”
- Historic barn models constructed by Jake Repard, past Town Building Inspector.
- Fred Goodnow’s presentation “History of Academy Grange Building” (Cheshire Grange)
- Exhibits of old and new agricultural equipment, presented by Ontario County Historical Society and the Ontario County Fair Committee.
- Other exhibits
The City of Canandaigua Fire Department and the Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum are also celebrating their historic 200th Anniversaries…each will also have displays in the Mercantile Building:
- Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum – agricultural implements and historic carriage
- Canandaigua City Fire Department – historic and modern equipment
Please come, view and celebrate the history with the Town of Canandaigua, City of Canandaigua Fire Department, Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum.
For more information…contact Pam Helming at email@example.com.