Town Seeks Proposals for Seasonal Lawn Care Services
The Town of Canandaigua is seeking sealed bids for seasonal lawn care services at the following Town parks:
Blue Heron Park: approximately 20 acres located at the corner of Firehall Road and Parkside Drive. This park includes a nine-hole disc golf course, walking trail, pond, and picnic area.
Leonard R. Pierce Park: approximately 7 acres located on Goodale Road in the Hamlet of Cheshire. This park includes a soccer field, softball field, playground, and picnic area.
Richard P. Outhouse Memorial Park: Approximately 34 acres located on Outhouse Road between Buffalo Street Extension and County Road 30. This park includes a large playing field, a walking trail, playground, pavilions, enclosed hall, and picnic areas.
Contract Requirements: (click here to view a full copy of the RFP)
- Required maintenance includes grass mowing and trimming at a frequency necessary to maintain a grass height of no more than 3 inches.
- Contract period from mid-April 2017 to the end of September 2017.
- Agree to sign the Town’s Independent Contractor Supplemental Terms and Conditions upon award of the bid and prior to the start of work.
Required Bid Information: The bid shall include:
- The total cost for the season as well as a per week cost for each park;
- Professional references;
- A list of equipment to complete the work;
- The number of employees your company employs;
- A current copy of the company’s Certificate of Liability Insurance and Worker’s Compensation Insurance Certificate;
- The envelope shall note the name and address of the company submitting the bid; and
- A signed Non-Collusive Bidding Statement
The RFP can be viewed on the Town’s website (townofcanandaigua.org) or obtained from the Town Clerk’s office. Sealed bids are to be submitted to Town Clerk Jean Chrisman on / before 12:00 pm on Friday, March 17, 2017, at which time they will be opened. The bids shall be submitted to:
Jean Chrisman, Town Clerk
Town of Canandaigua
5440 Route 5 & 20 West
Canandaigua NY 14424
Questions regarding the parks and the services requested in this bid can be answered by Dennis Brewer, Director of Parks and Recreation, by contacting him at (585) 755-7212 or via email at email@example.com.