Resurfacing Project Along 5 & 20
The New York State Department of Transportation is planning a resurfacing project along Route 5 & 20, from just east of the Lake Shore Drive intersection (in Hopewell) to the Seneca/Geneva Town-line, all in Ontario County.
Construction is expected to begin in the spring or summer of 2017 and be completed by the fall of 2017. Traffic will be maintained on-site utilizing lane closures, and access to all driveways and businesses will be maintained during construction.
The project will include the following work:
- Asphalt repairs to particular areas of the existing pavement on Rte 5 & 20.
- Heat scarifying or milling of the existing pavement surface of Rte. 5 & 20.
- Asphalt resurfacing of the properly prepared pavement surface.
- Some spot drainage, grading, and guide rail work as necessary.
- Replace highway signs on the western half of the project.
- Remove an existing unused concrete bridge pier in the hamlet of Flint.
- Restripe the entire roadway, and install rumble strips on the centerline and shoulder areas of the highway.
If you have any questions, please contact Dan Schwind, Project Design Engineer, at (585) 272-3368 or by email at Daniel.Schwind@dot.ny.gov.