Natural Resources Inventory
Citizens Implementation Committee Project Team
Goal 3 : Ensure the protection of the Town’s natural resources.
– Step 2: “Determine if Natural Resources Inventory, which replaced Limited Development Overlay, is successful in preservation of significant environmental features; revise if necessary. A) Review/Revise the process for triggering ECB review. B) Request Town Board add Natural Resources Inventory to Town Code.”
The Natural Resources Inventory (NRI) Team is working at the present time on a proposal relative to the topics of steep slopes, ridgelines, and shorelines. Additionally, the NRI Team will be working on a narrative to accompany proposed code updates in the future.
The NRI Team is proposing, and the CIC is recommending, the section of Town Code § 220-8 (currently reserved) be used for the purposes of incorporating protection pertaining to the Natural Resources in the Town of Canandaigua. The addition of the protection of Natural Resources to the actual Town Code will enable search functions and more readily available access than attempting to search an independent document as currently exists.
The NRI Team has offered, and the CIC is recommending, the following timeline:
Steep Slopes (Adopted March 2017) - Read Local Law Here
- January 2016 – draft local law to CIC;
- Feb/March 2016 – draft local law to Planning Board;
- March 2016 – introduction of local law / set public hearing Town Board;
- April 2016 – SEQRA and consideration of local law by Town Board.
Viewshed / Ridgelines
- April 2017 – draft local law to CIC;
- May 2017 – draft local law to PB;
- October 2021 - new draft local law referred by Ordinance Committee to Town Board;
- TBD - introduction of local law / set public hearing Town Board;
- TBD - SEQRA and consideration of local law by Town Board.
- TBD – draft local law to CIC;
- TBD – draft local law to PB;
- TBD – introduction of local law / set public hearing Town Board;
- TBD – SEQRA and consideration of local law by Town Board.